Call Us Whatsapp Email Us

Study in USA

Book Free Consultation

Enquiry Form

USA is the most sought after destination for Indian students for their higher education overseas. With a versatile and flexible higher education system, USA offers a student a wide range of programs to choose from. Maintaining a balance between theoretical and practical knowledge, the course curriculum is research driven with the latest technology and scientific advancements.

Why study in USA

  • Top ranked for standard of education with almost 50% of the world’s top universities located in the US.

  • Variety of educational opportunities.

  • Flexibility to change majors or include multiple specializations within a program.

  • Well defined course curriculum.

  • Research based learning.

  • Qualifications attained highly regarded.

  • Numerous scholarships and fellowships available.

  • Well defined support system to help international students.

  • Cultural diversity.

Qualifications Available

Associate Degree

Awarded after completing 2 years of undergraduate study.

Bachelor’s Degree

Awarded after completing 4 years of full time study.

Master’s Degree

Awarded after 2 years of full time study. Though some courses are of lesser duration as well.




(for some courses)

English Language And / Or Tests Requirements

  • IELTS / TOEFL required as evidence of English language proficiency. However you can be successfully admitted without these test scores depending on your English abilities and past scores.
  • Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is required for admission in to bachelor level courses. However, institutes do accept students from India without a SAT score as well.
  • Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for admission to a Graduate Programs.
  • Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required for admission to MBA and other management programs.

There are a limited few colleges / universities that do offer admission without GRE and GMAT

Cost Of Education

Average tuition fees per year is as follows

For private institutions

$15,000 to $25,000

For state institutions

$10,000 to $20,000

Various US institutes offer financial aid to eligible and competent students that can go up to 100% tuition fee waiver.

Fees are approximate values and may vary from university to university, year to year

Cost Of Living

Estimated living expenses

$10000 to $12000 per year
i.e. around $700 to $1000 per month.

Figures are approximate values and may vary as per location and type of selected accommodation


If you are a spouse and/or minor child of a student in the US, you qualify as a dependent. Children over the age of 21 are not eligible as dependents.

Right To Work

  • 20 hours per week as part-time on campus employment
  • Optional Practical training (OPT) for 1 year on completion of the academic program

The USA Student visa process

F1 or M1 and/or dependent visa F2 or M2 begins post issuance of I-20. The visa process involves

  • Completing the online DS160 form.
  • Creating profile.
  • Payment of applicable visa fee.
  • Scheduling the visa biometric and interview appointments.
  • Collating all relevant documents including all financial related documents.
  • Appearing for the visa interview.

Countless hours go into the entire admission process of selecting a country, institute, course, application procedures and formalities etc. However, all this effort is pointless, if you are not successful in getting a student visa.

Why Choose Us

  • 14+ years of work experience with the British High Commission, Visa Department.
  • 15+ years of excellence in consultancy services
  • 23,000+ Satisfied Customer
  • 2500+ Successful Student Visas
  • Detailed financial assessment for case profile
  • Superior knowledge and understanding of visa rules and regulations
  • Customized Interview Preparation
  • Client focused personal & dedicated approach
  • Honest, Impartial & Quality Advice

The outcome of your visa is entirely dependent on this visa interview. Your personal CONFIDENCE, CLARITY and CONVICTION in your delivery is important to make a positive impression on the visa officer and to be successful at the visa interview.

It is not What You Say but HOW YOU SAY it!

What is an I-20 and how do I procure one?

I-20 is sent to you by the university/college you have been accepted at. You need this form to apply for the student visa. It certifies that:

  • You are a bona fide student.
  • You meet the institute’s admission requirements.
  • You are enrolled for a full-time course of study.
  • Course fee including any scholarships being offered to you.
  • You have demonstrated satisfactory evidence that you have sufficient funds to study and live in the US without recourse to public funds.
What is the difference between a college and a university?

The terms ‘college’ and ‘university’ are interchangeable. However, a college offers only undergraduate degrees whilst a university offers graduate degrees as well.

Are scholarships available to international students from India?

Scholarships are financial grants are offered to students from India on the basis of their past educational scores and merit. Scholarships are highly competitive and vary from institute to institute. As part of our service, VCS will assist you with all possibilities of securing a scholarship.

Can I get admission to a Master’s Program on completing 15 years of education in India (school + graduation)?

Yes, there are various universities that accept 15 years of completed education from India for their Master’s programs.

Can I enroll for a part-time course in the US?

U.S. immigration law requires that all international students on F-1 student visas are enrolled for a full-time course of study.

What is SEVIS?

SEVIS - Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.

For complete details please refer to

How long are TOEFL / IELTS score valid?

Two years.

Can I take an educational loan for my education?

Requirements for a loan vary from bank to bank subject to their own terms and conditions, your credit scores, collateral etc. You would need to enquire at your bank branch for further information.

Can I work part time during my studies?

Yes, you can work:

20 hours per week, as part-time on campus employment.

Optional Practical training (OPT) for 1 year on completion of the academic program.

What support can I expect from VCS during this entire process?

VCS would help facilitate the entire admission application and visa process for you. From initial counseling in choosing the right study options, institute, college application process, possibilities of scholarship, procuring I-20 to the entire visa filing process including thorough interview preparation.

What is the difference between a F1 and M1 visa?

A F1 visa is for student enrolled for any academic or language course. A M1 visa is for a student enrolled in non-academic or vocational courses (Eg: flight training).

What is the difference between a F1 and J1 visa?

F1 visa entitles you to enter the US and study a full time course at a college or university. A J1 visa is for an exchange student for temporary stay in the US.

Can my family / dependents accompany me during my studies?

If you are a spouse and/or minor child of a student in the US, you qualify as a dependent. Children over the age of 21 are not eligible as dependents.

Can my spouse / dependents apply for their visas (F2/M2) at the same time as me?

Yes, they can apply at the same time or anytime later as well.

I have a valid B1/B2 visa. Can I convert my visa status to F1 whilst in the US on a B1/B2 visa?

An Indian passport holder must apply for a F1 visa from India or their current country of residence if they wish to study in the US.

How soon can I apply for a student visa?

120 days prior to start date as mentioned on your I-20.

Post issuance of visa, when can I travel to the US?

You can travel one month before start of course.

What accommodation options are available for students from India?

A student from India can opt for on-campus residence facility or look for an off-campus accommodation. Most universities in the US offer dormitories, sororities etc. for international students. You need to apply for it separately and well ahead of time to ensure availability.

You can also opt for an off-campus accommodation where you can share apartments with other students or put up in a homestay.

What are the requirements for F1 – Optional Practical Training (OPT)?

To be eligible, you must be:

  • A full time student for at least one full academic year prior to OTP application.
  • Have a valid F1 visa at the time of application.
  • Intend to seek training / employment in a position directly related to the completed field of study.
What happens if my student visa is rejected?

Should you wish to reapply for your F1 - student visa, VCS would offer you consultation services at no extra costs. (T&C apply)

Reapplication of Refused Cases

Get expert guidance for reapplication of refused visa

Know More